Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Introduction: All About Me!



Hello Everyone! My name is Alyssa Raven Fowler.

Welcome to my new blog.

In this post, I will tell you all about myself.

I graduated from Hood College in 2013 with a Bachelor's Degree in the Art and Archaeology Department with a concentration in Studio Art.

I am currently taking classes at Frederick Community College so I can receive credits for the Computer Graphics certificate.

Last November, I published the first of a five-part book series titled "Cryptic Casters." The series' demographic is kids between 7 to 12, but teens and adults can read it too! It is classified as part of the "Fantasy and Magic" genre. The first book, "Cryptic Casters: Legends of Pangaea," is available on Amazon.com for paperback and Kindle. I have had the concept for the series ever since my senior year at Tuscarora High School. It was based on my love for fantasy and monster raising games, including Final Fantasy, Pokemon, Digimon, and Monster Rancher. Science Fiction and Fantasy cartoons and anime, including My Neighbor Totoro, Sailor Moon, and Steven Universe, served as inspiration for my books.

The series takes place in our world and in present day. It is about a secret cult of people who are each partnered with a monster from mythology and folklore. They are known as the "Cryptic Casters." They use their magical powers to fight against spirits who are embodiments of the vices and evils of the world.

My other likes include watching cute animal videos, comic and game voice-acting dub-overs, funny reaction videos, and game play-through videos on Youtube. I also like to go to Deviantart and Tumblr to look at the work of other talented artists. Most of it includes fan-art of franchises that I really love, including Sonic the Hedgehog, Super Mario, Pokemon, Undertale, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and Steven Universe. Pencil sketching for my book or whatever else comes to my mind is another hobby that I love.

I hope that you all will enjoy my blog. Chat with you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment